by the Antigonish SPCA,
The Antigonish SPCA is in urgent need of foster homes for kittens. Our current foster homes are full, but we need to be able to take in more kittens. As it is kitten season, we are getting calls on a regular basis about kittens in need. Do you have a spare room you are able to share with some kittens for 4-8 weeks? Being a foster is a wonderful and rewarding experience. We supply everything, so it doesn’t cost you anything. All we ask from you is to bring them in for their check-ups. In return you get all the fun that kittens bring!
Please consider helping out. If this sounds like something that would interest you drop by the office and pick up an application, or phone us at (902) 863-2111. Applications are also available online here.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Your own animals need to be up to date with their vaccinations
- Need to have consent from your Landlord (if you rent)
- Need support of all other household members involved.
- Must have time each day to care for your fosters – the time needed depends on the individual situation, we can customize the foster animal you take home to what works best for your lifestyle and schedule.
- Need a room to isolate the foster animal(s) from other household pets
- Need reliable access to transportation for picking up/dropping off fosters and visits to our Vet (when necessary) or shelter for supplies.
Throughout the year, some of the animals that come to the Nova Scotia SPCA need temporary homes – and that’s where we need your help.
Yes, you can foster even if you are only available for a short time – or are not sure how to care for kittens – we can teach you!
Many of the animals that come into our branch shelters need a little extra TLC before finding their new forever home or are too young to be ready for adoption. Foster Parents provide a temporary home for these animals as they recover from surgery or illness, or simply put on a little more weight before being spayed or neutered.
- Every animal that you foster is given a second chance at life – and the more animals you foster, the more lives you help save.
- Fostering can be a great way to try having an animal in your life, before making a lifelong commitment
- First time Foster Parents receive training, and our friendly Foster Team are just a phone call away
- We provide any medical care required
- We supply all food, bedding, litter trays and everything else to help the animals have a comfortable stay in your home
- The average length of stay is 3-6 weeks for cats, and 6 weeks for dogs
These little friends are looking for their furever homes. Porcha and Mustang are sister and brother. Also in their litter are Mercedes (adopted), and Bentley. This little kitten gang were surrendered to us when they were found in a cemetery in St. Andrews in early June. Since being found, they have all stuck together in the care of one of our lovely fosters. They are all lovely, and affectionate kittens. Still available are Porcha, Bentley, and Mustang. Porcha is a female grey tabby approximately 12-14 weeks old. Porcha is a sweet, friendly kitten who is looking for her forever home. Porcha loves to play and cuddle. Mustang is a black, domestic short haired , male kitten. Mustang is approximately 12-14 weeks old. He is vaccinated, tested for feline leukemia, neutered, micro-chipped and treated for parasites. Mustang is a sweet kitten who loves to play and snuggle. Bentley is a male black and white domestic short haired tuxedo kitten. Bentley is approximately 12-14 weeks old. Loves to play and snuggle. Bentley is neutered, micro chipped, vaccinated, tested for feline leukemia and treated for parasites. Bentley is looking for his forever home.